What are the trends in e-learning?
Over the past 2 years now, since I began my instructional design studies, I have had the opportunity to work with or at least study somewhat most of these trends. Most notable are:
- Mobile technologies - for instance my work with the iAdvocate 'App'
- Simulations in e-learning - work with my main client SRC here in Syracuse in developing training that simulates new employees learning the culture of working with secure information
- Serious Gaming & Augmented Reality - I designed a prototype mobile AR app that teaches students campus safety
- Open source e-learning tools - more Moodle type programs
- Blended learning - its not so much of an either/or debate, but both. Mobile learning defiantly has potential as a blended learning tool
- The changes to LMS - these technologies are one really just an iteration in e-learning and will hopefully change to fit into better learning design